infiltration rate in the example abdulLab

Hi all,

I was trying to print the infiltration rate across the SURFACE of the domain in the example abdulLab. I used the VELOCITY_X1, VELOCITY_Y1, and VELOCITY_Z1 in the .out file, see below. In the output, I only see value in the column for VELOCITY_X1, and VELOCITY_Y1. The values of VELOCITY_Z1 are all zeros. I thought the VELOCITY_Z1 should be the infiltration rate, which should not be all zeros. Is there any other ways to print the infiltration rate, or I made mistake in the .out file? Many thanks in advance.

Xuan

#OUTPUT

$PCS_TYPE

RICHARDS_FLOW

$MSH_TYPE

PRESSURE1

$NOD_VALUES

PRESSURE1

VELOCITY_X1

VELOCITY_Y1

VELOCITY_Z1

$GEO_TYPE

POLYLINE SURFACE

$DAT_TYPE

TECPLOT

$TIM_TYPE

STEPS: 1

#STOP

Dear Xuan,

This is probably due to the fact, that for TecPlot output, OGS prints the values in a 2D domain to the first two variables, ie velocities x & y (although you might have a x-z domain).

I am not familiar with TecPlot, but maybe there is a way to copy velocity y to velocity z?

Best,

Marc

···

Am 03.01.2015 22:34 schrieb “Xuan Yu” xuanyupsu@gmail.com:

Hi all,

I was trying to print the infiltration rate across the SURFACE of the domain in the example abdulLab. I used the VELOCITY_X1, VELOCITY_Y1, and VELOCITY_Z1 in the .out file, see below. In the output, I only see value in the column for VELOCITY_X1, and VELOCITY_Y1. The values of VELOCITY_Z1 are all zeros. I thought the VELOCITY_Z1 should be the infiltration rate, which should not be all zeros. Is there any other ways to print the infiltration rate, or I made mistake in the .out file? Many thanks in advance.

Xuan

#OUTPUT

$PCS_TYPE

RICHARDS_FLOW

$MSH_TYPE

PRESSURE1

$NOD_VALUES

PRESSURE1

VELOCITY_X1

VELOCITY_Y1

VELOCITY_Z1

$GEO_TYPE

POLYLINE SURFACE

$DAT_TYPE

TECPLOT

$TIM_TYPE

#STOP

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ogs-users” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ogs-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi Marc,

I used the keyword “COUPLING” to print the infiltration rate. However, only COUPLING on points have values, COUPLING on polyline is giving me zeros.

#OUTPUT

$PCS_TYPE

OVERLAND_FLOW

$MSH_TYPE

HEAD

$NOD_VALUES

COUPLING

$GEO_TYPE

POLYLINE SURFACE

$DAT_TYPE

TECPLOT

$TIM_TYPE

This .out printed zeros on the column COUPLING. So I added some points in .gli file, which was the nodes of OVERLAND_FLOW domain.

#OUTPUT

$PCS_TYPE

OVERLAND_FLOW

$MSH_TYPE

HEAD

$NOD_VALUES

COUPLING

$GEO_TYPE

POINT POINT8

$DAT_TYPE

TECPLOT

$TIM_TYPE

This .out printed values started from zero to 1.2e-5, which was reasonable.

So I think there must be something tricky when you print “COUPLING” along POLYLINE.

Best,

Xuan

···

On Saturday, January 3, 2015 5:53:23 PM UTC-5, Marc Walther wrote:

Dear Xuan,

This is probably due to the fact, that for TecPlot output, OGS prints the values in a 2D domain to the first two variables, ie velocities x & y (although you might have a x-z domain).

I am not familiar with TecPlot, but maybe there is a way to copy velocity y to velocity z?

Best,

Marc

Am 03.01.2015 22:34 schrieb “Xuan Yu” xuan...@gmail.com:

Hi all,

Xuan

#OUTPUT

$PCS_TYPE

RICHARDS_FLOW

$MSH_TYPE

PRESSURE1

$NOD_VALUES

PRESSURE1

VELOCITY_X1

VELOCITY_Y1

VELOCITY_Z1

$GEO_TYPE

POLYLINE SURFACE

$DAT_TYPE

TECPLOT

$TIM_TYPE

#STOP

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ogs-users” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ogs-users+...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.