OGS-Forum

Dear OGS-Community!

As announced already during the last OGS-Community-Meeting, I’m thinking to take out the FORUM on www.opengeosys.org.
The reason: there were never enough willing forum moderators, which are essential to keep a forum alive. Giving access to interested users and protecting the forum against thousands of spam attacks is one thing, but it needs more than that. It needs constantly some people who are interested to contribute topics and ogs-users who read and discuss them.
Having a dead forum looks unfortunately like that there is no activity going on with OGS and we all know that this is not true. A Forum is maybe at the moment the wrong tool for our community. The fact that I’m announcing that by using the mailing list explains everything, I guess.

So please, let me know if you are planning some forum-activities in the near future. If you want to keep the forum, then now is the moment to offer your support!

Personally, I would like to focus instead to keep the news, release notes, and twitter updated, so that the WWW is seeing that the heart of OGS is beating happily (Sorry, there was no update of the release notes for a while).
And don’t worry, I will not remove the forum instantly. It will be only invisible/untouchable and can be reactivated immediately.

Best regards
Thomas

PS: Please send the information and material that you want to have uploaded on opengeosys.org to info@opengeosys.org

···

--

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Thomas Kalbacher
Department of Environmental Informatics
Helmholtz-Zentrum für Umweltforschung GmbH - UFZ
Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research - UFZ
phone +49 (0) 0341 235 1093 / fax +49 (0) 0341 235 1939
thomas.kalbacher@ufz.de / http://www.ufz.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Leipzig /Registergericht: Amtsgericht Leipzig, Handelsregister Nr. B 4703 / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig Wilfried Kraus / Wissenschaftlicher Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Georg Teutsch / Administrativer Geschäftsführer: Dr. Heike Graßmann
The OpenGeoSys Project: http://www.opengeosys.org/forum
info@opengeosys.org

Hi Thomas,
as not everyone of potential OGS users has access to the wiki, I plan to
move some of the information on the OGS-GEM coupling to the forum.
I just received yet another request for more detailed info on the code...
If I am the only one interested in this, it might not worth the effort...
Otherwise I will open (or let you open) an OGS-GEM board and you might
promote me as manager for this board.

Thanks, Georg

···

On 02/17/2015 01:24 PM, Thomas Kalbacher wrote:

Dear OGS-Community!

As announced already during the last OGS-Community-Meeting, I’m thinking
to take out the FORUM on www.opengeosys.org.
The reason: there were never enough willing forum moderators, which are
essential to keep a forum alive. Giving access to interested users and
protecting the forum against thousands of spam attacks is one thing, but
it needs more than that. It needs constantly some people who are
interested to contribute topics and ogs-users who read and discuss them.
Having a dead forum looks unfortunately like that there is no activity
going on with OGS and we all know that this is not true. A Forum is
maybe at the moment the wrong tool for our community. The fact that I’m
announcing that by using the mailing list explains everything, I guess.

So please, let me know if you are planning some forum-activities in the
near future. If you want to keep the forum, then now is the moment to
offer your support!

Personally, I would like to focus instead to keep the news, release
notes, and twitter updated, so that the WWW is seeing that the heart of
OGS is beating happily (Sorry, there was no update of the release notes
for a while).
And don’t worry, I will not remove the forum instantly. It will be only
invisible/untouchable and can be reactivated immediately.

Best regards
Thomas

PS: Please send the information and material that you want to have
uploaded on opengeosys.org to info@opengeosys.org

--
PD Dr. Georg Kosakowski * Laboratory for Waste Management
Paul Scherrer Institut * 5232 Villigen/PSI * Switzerland
Phone: +41-56-3104743 * Email: georg.kosakowski@psi.ch
homepage: Georg Kosakowski | LES | Paul Scherrer Institut (PSI)

Hi Georg,

it's no problem to start a OGS-GEM board at the forum.

Such activities are welcome and I definitely support them!

Thomas
···

Am 17.02.2015 um 15:10 schrieb Georg Kosakowski:

Hi Thomas, as not everyone of potential OGS users has access to the wiki, I plan to move some of the information on the OGS-GEM coupling to the forum. I just received yet another request for more detailed info on the code... If I am the only one interested in this, it might not worth the effort... Otherwise I will open (or let you open) an OGS-GEM board and you might promote me as manager for this board. Thanks, Georg On 02/17/2015 01:24 PM, Thomas Kalbacher wrote:

Dear OGS-Community! As announced already during the last OGS-Community-Meeting, I’m thinking to take out the FORUM on . The reason: there were never enough willing forum moderators, which are essential to keep a forum alive. Giving access to interested users and protecting the forum against thousands of spam attacks is one thing, but it needs more than that. It needs constantly some people who are interested to contribute topics and ogs-users who read and discuss them. Having a dead forum looks unfortunately like that there is no activity going on with OGS and we all know that this is not true. A Forum is maybe at the moment the wrong tool for our community. The fact that I’m announcing that by using the mailing list explains everything, I guess. So please, let me know if you are planning some forum-activities in the near future. If you want to keep the forum, then now is the moment to offer your support! Personally, I would like to focus instead to keep the news, release notes, and twitter updated, so that the WWW is seeing that the heart of OGS is beating happily (Sorry, there was no update of the release notes for a while). And don’t worry, I will not remove the forum instantly. It will be only invisible/untouchable and can be reactivated immediately. Best regards Thomas PS: Please send the information and material that you want to have uploaded on opengeosys.org to

-- --------------------------------------------------------------------- Dr. Thomas Kalbacher Department of Environmental Informatics Helmholtz-Zentrum für Umweltforschung GmbH - UFZ Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research - UFZ phone +49 (0) 0341 235 1093 / fax +49 (0) 0341 235 1939 / Sitz der Gesellschaft: Leipzig /Registergericht: Amtsgericht Leipzig, Handelsregister Nr. B 4703 / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig Wilfried Kraus / Wissenschaftlicher Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Georg Teutsch / Administrativer Geschäftsführer: Dr. Heike Graßmann --------------------------------------------------------------------- The OpenGeoSys Project: ---------------------------------------------------------------------

www.opengeosys.orginfo@opengeosys.orgthomas.kalbacher@ufz.dehttp://www.ufz.dehttp://www.opengeosys.org/foruminfo@opengeosys.org