ogs6 beginners question

Hi

I want to set up a model to simulate groundwater flow in ogs6. The tutorial “Computational Hydrology I: Groundwater Flow Modelling” gives a good example how to set up a model in ogs5, but i cannot found a similar example for ogs6. Obviously, with the Datexplorer version 6.1 model parameters like boundary conditions or initial conditions can’t be set anymore by the data explorer but have to be set by several utils-tools. Thus, i have following questions:

1. Is their a similar example for ogs6 like described in “Computational Hydrology I: Groundwater Flow Modelling”
  2. Do references exist for tools like "CreateBoundaryConditionsAlongPolylines" (e.g. what are valid values for the parameter ```-t [process type])
    3)How do I set Boundary conditions (e.g. constant head vs. flow)?

Thank you for any hint in advance
`

Besides Mohammads hint, you can also check out the examples given in Processes

Best,

Marc

···

Am Montag, 25. Juni 2018 08:53:15 UTC+2 schrieb db00...@gmail.com:

Hi

I want to set up a model to simulate groundwater flow in ogs6. The tutorial “Computational Hydrology I: Groundwater Flow Modelling” gives a good example how to set up a model in ogs5, but i cannot found a similar example for ogs6. Obviously, with the Datexplorer version 6.1 model parameters like boundary conditions or initial conditions can’t be set anymore by the data explorer but have to be set by several utils-tools. Thus, i have following questions:

1. Is their a similar example for ogs6 like described in “Computational Hydrology I: Groundwater Flow Modelling”
  2. Do references exist for tools like "CreateBoundaryConditionsAlongPolylines" (e.g. what are valid values for the parameter ```-t [process type])

`

Thank you for your hints. It gets clearer and clearer :slight_smile: But I have still two basic questions:

1. When looking at the examples in Elliptic/square_1x1_GroundWaterFlow examples, why are there no definitions of the material properties, e.g. the porosity?

2. Where can I find references for the tags, e.g. what does the following within the linear solver tag mean exactly:

gw -gw_ksp_type cg -gw_pc_type bjacobi -gw_ksp_rtol 1e-16 -gw_ksp_max_it 10000
···

On Monday, June 25, 2018 at 8:53:15 AM UTC+2, db00...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi

`

Hi,
All benchmark solutions in OGS5 are not yet available in OGS6. However, if you interested to explore input files and solutions, in both OGS5 and OGS6, Liakopoulos one may be a good starting point.

—\ogs6-data-master\Parabolic\TwoPhaseFlowPP\Liakopoulos

—ogs5-benchmarks-master\H2\Liakopoulos\Quad

Similar way, you can search for other benchmark problems in OGS5 and OGS6.

Moreover, in the following book (Chapter 3), may be helpful for OGS6 input file preparation. In OGS6 you need three input files and among them, mesh and geometry files can be prepared using a tool. I do not know any tool about *.prj file. I use a text editor, which may be not efficient, but served my purpose.

Good Luck.

Regards,

Mohammad

···