1D Heat Conduction problem

Hi everyone,
I’m studying example 1 from Models of Thermochemical Heat Storage. But there’s a problem, as you can see.

warning: The maximum value of MaterialIDs in mesh is 0. As the given number of porous media definitions in the project file is 0, the maximum value of MaterialIDs in mesh must be -1 (index starts with zero).

Although “maximum value of MaterialIDs in mesh must be -1 (index starts with zero)” sounds a bit cryptic, it actually means what it says: the number of porous media definitions in the project file is 0, i.e. it seems that there is no medium defined in the project file. Look at the examples in the benchmark folder to see how it is done.

Thank you for your help. I rechecked the projec file and there really is no medium defined.But the examples in the book don’t define medium either.

The picture is from page 37 of the book(Models of Thermochemical Heat Storage).
Thanks again for your help.

OGS6 is still under quite some development, so a printed book is not the best resource for working examples;) For more complex processes with multiple material domains, we discovered that this is not the best way to set physical parameters, which is why the Material Property Library (MPL) was invented. This was then also changed for basic processes like this one as well. Therefore, I would refer you to the benchmark directory. Your example should be this one: Tests/Data/Parabolic/T/1D_dirichlet/line_60_heat.prj

Thanks again for your help. I’ll learn it again.