3-BHE Array Coupled With Pipe Network

Hi, I tried to execute the latest test case code for 3-BHE Array Coupled With Pipe Network and I get a segmentation fault after the first time step using the latest ogs release 6.3.2 on both Mac and Windows versions. The python and TESPY versions are as advised. Has anyone tested this example ?

1 Like

Hi, manolis:

Thank you very much for your mail. Iā€™m afraid this error may due to the benchmark version you are using.

Currently, the latest Gitlab OGS release in our download page is on Jul 17, 2020. However, In August, we have updated the benchmark ā€œ3-BHE Array Coupled With Pipe Networkā€ and changed several codes in the input files. So if you are using the OGS release version on July to execute the latest benchmark, you could not run it successfully.

I suggest that you could try to use the old benchmark input files instead of the latest one for now. Here is the link to the old version: https://gitlab.opengeosys.org/ogs/ogs/-/tree/6.3.2/Tests/Data/Parabolic/T/3D_3BHEs_array.
If you want to test the benchmark with latest input files, i would like to suggest you to wait for the next OGS release version. Alternatively you could also download our source code and compile it in your local computer. Then you can run the latest benchmark with your compiled ogs executable file.

I hope the above suggestions could solve your issue. Please donā€™t hesitate to contact me if you have further questions.

best,
Shuang Chen

1 Like

Thank you Shuang. Iā€™ll try to compile the OGS source code. I am trying to simulate a four BHE closed network consisting of a 1U, 2U, helicoid and a coaxial BHE. Only the 2U BHE is not simulated properly. Do you think that in the py file for the pre folder creation the length has to be set 2 times the BHE length ? and the pipeā€™s diameter has to be set double as the real pipe diameter ? because of the 2U BHE type.

1 Like

Hi manolis. In fact in the benchmark network model the component heat_exchanger_simple represents the U-pipe within the BHE. For 2U type BHE there will be two parallel U-pipe within a BHE. Therefore when a 2U type BHE is constructed in the model, two ā€˜heat_exchanger_simpleā€™ components should be defined in the related network model. the configuration of length and diameter of each U-pipe is same as those described in the 1U type benchmark. Only to be noticed is that in the bhe_network.csv file the number of data_index should be equal to the number of heat_exchanger_simple which defined in the network model.

2 Likes

This solved the 2U BHE network problem. Thank you very much for your help.

1 Like