Ashi Basin

Hi!
I’m doing the tutorial of Computation Hydrology II.
I have taken the mesh from the input file (seemed to have a better quality that the one I was generating myself) and exported .gli and .msh from OpenGeoSys Data Explorer. My .gli file just has the observations points/wells and the polylines defining the rivers - but not a surface -
When I try to run the problem I get the error:
‘tag #SURFACE not found or input stream error in GEOObjects’
Does anybody have the same problem?
Thanks in advance!

Dear Euge,

I have taken the mesh from the input file (seemed to have a better quality
that the one I was generating myself) and exported .gli and .msh from
OpenGeoSys Data Explorer.

In order to help you some more information are needed. What mesh, i.e., file do you load? Which files do you load to generate the geometry (gli file)? Its also possible to refer to a specific chapter/section/page of the tutorial.

When I try to run the problem I get the error:
'tag #SURFACE not found or input stream error in GEOObjects'
Does anybody have the same problem?

Do you try to run the simulation and the error message appears? Or does this message appear in the process of preparation of your model?

Best regards
Thomas

Hi Thomas!
Thanks for your reply!

I’m working on Chapter 3. I could follow most of the steps but the one in Section 3.3.1. For this I just generated manually a file as described in page 25.

The error appears as I try to run the simulation. It seems that the .msh file is not being read properly. As far as I can understand from the protokoll OGS is generating a 2D surface (‘Executing ConstructGrid() … done.’) and is trying to solve the problem 3D in 2D. Any ideas what is happenning?

Thanks again for your time :smiley:
Euge

Ashi2.gli (14.2 KB)

Ashi2.msh (637 KB)

recharge.txt (13.8 KB)

Hi again!
Thanks to Aaron Peche! We found the problem!
Points from wells, rivers, etc defined in the .gli file could not be found in the .msh file. Most of the original points are moved to generate the mesh and when defining the boundary conditions these points or polylines couldnt be found.
Greetings!

···
1 Like