BHE Helicoid type heat transport BHE problem

How can i put the Helicoid type of BHE in a heat transport BHE problem?

2 Likes

Hello,

if you want to simulate Helicoid type of BHE, you can construct a Helicoid 3D mesh with line elements embedded, which represents BHE. Subsequently, by using 1P type of the BHE, the corresponding heat transport process can be simulated.

Best regards,
Chaofan

Thank you Chaofan. I am trying to simulate a four BHE closed network consisting of a 1U, 2U, helicoid and a coaxial BHE. Do you knew how can I put this type of BHE in the pre directory?

Using 1P type with a special mesh is the only method to simulate helicoid BHE currently. Then you can connect them as you want by python boundary condition no matter what kinds of BHE type.

Best regards,
Chaofan

Hello,Chaofan
I am trying to simulate a GSHP project which consist of more than one thousand 1U BHE, Is it necessary to put all BHE in the model? I am Chinese, and i guess you are Chinese too. Looking forward to your reply. :grinning: :grinning:
Best regards,
RuiTang

Hi RuiTang,
it depends on what kind of numerical results you are expecting. If you want to observe the specific thermal interaction among all one thousand BHEs and predict the thermal performance and system sustainability of the very specific BHE array, then it is necessary to include all BHEs. If you have very well monitoring data and detailed subsurface parameters, it is also very much recommended that you include all BHEs and further investigate system performance of such big BHE array system. There is a reference might be helpful: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0378778820322842?via%3Dihub.
I’m Chinese, you can contact me via E-mail: chaofan.chen@ufz.de, if you have any further questions.
Best regards,
Chaofan

1 Like