CO2 Sequestration model

Hi,
I am working on a CO2 sequestration model for single casing (steel casing, cement sheath and rock formation). The geometry of the problem is close to the attached paper’s Figure 2 and 3. However, my analytical solution is different than as shown in the paper. I want to compare my analytical results with the OGS result. I found a close similarity with the OGS reference as follows

Nagel, T. et al. (2015) “Thermomechanics”, Chapter 8, in Terrestrial Environmental Sciences Thermo-Hydro-Mechanical Chemical Processes in Fractured Porous Media:

Modelling and Benchmarking edited by Kolditz, Shao, Gorke, Wang and Bauer, page150-156, Section8.2 Thermoelasticity of a Pipe in Cement.

I am wondering, can any one inform me the source of that benchmark example problem?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Mohammad

Yin-Gao-J Natural Gas Sc and Engg-THM Analytical.pdf (1.14 MB)

Dear Mohammad,

we performed this benchmark in relation to a heat storage project. The analytical solution was derived in
  •    X.-Y. Miao, C. Beyer, U.-J. Görke, O. Kolditz, H. Hailemariam, T. Nagel. Thermo-hydro-mechanical* *        analysis of cement-based sensible heat stores for domestic applications. In Topical Issue “Subsurface* *Energy Storage”. Environ Earth Sci, 75:1293, 2016*

and also used in

•    X.-Y. Miao, T. Zheng, U.-J. Görke, O. Kolditz, T. Nagel. Thermo-mechanical analysis of heat* *        exchanger design for thermal energy storage systems. Appl Therm Eng, 114:1082–1089, 2017.*

Best,

Th

···

Dr. Thomas Nagel Group leader "Computational Energy Systems" Department of Environmental Informatics UFZ-BGR OGS-Workgroup "Environmental Geotechnics - Multi-physics simulation for geotechnical system analysis" Adjunct Professor Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering Trinity College Dublin | Ireland Helmholtz-Zentrum für Umweltforschung GmbH - UFZ Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research GmbH - UFZ Permoserstraße 15 | 04318 Leipzig | Germany Tel. +49 341 235 1061 E-Mail: Sitz der Gesellschaft: Leipzig Registergericht: Amtsgericht Leipzig, Handelsregister Nr. B 4703 Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig Wilfried Kraus Wissenschaftlicher Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Georg Teutsch Administrative Geschäftsführerin: Prof. Dr. Heike Graßmann

www.ufz.de/comp-energy-syshttp://www.ufz.de/environmental-geotechnicsthomas.nagel@ufz.de
Am 29.08.2017 um 17:53 schrieb Mohammad Islam:

Hi,
I am working on a CO2 sequestration model for single casing (steel casing, cement sheath and rock formation). The geometry of the problem is close to the attached paper’s Figure 2 and 3. However, my analytical solution is different than as shown in the paper. I want to compare my analytical results with the OGS result. I found a close similarity with the OGS reference as follows

Nagel, T. et al. (2015) "Thermomechanics", Chapter 8, in Terrestrial Environmental Sciences Thermo-Hydro-Mechanical Chemical Processes in Fractured Porous Media:
      Modelling and Benchmarking edited by Kolditz, Shao, Gorke, Wang and Bauer, page150-156, Section8.2 Thermoelasticity of a Pipe in Cement.
      I am wondering, can any one inform me the source of that benchmark example problem?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Mohammad

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ogs-users" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ogs-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit [https://groups.google.com/d/optout](https://groups.google.com/d/optout).