Homepage Books Releases Docs Discourse

Convert gmsh meshes to OGS.msh by GMSH2OGS and its problems in windows. Gmsh file is version(2.2 ASCII) and output is OGS5.msh

Dears
Hi
please help me.

I want to remodel the example 4.1 of Geothermal_OGS3 book and I’m using GMSH2OGS.exe which is located in ogs6.3.0 folder.

I exported my GMSH meshes by version 2 ASCII (which is validated version for GMSH2OGS.exe), when I want to use this converter, I face with error and program be stopped.

Please help me How I can convert my meshes to .msh?

Best Regards

Dear Mohamad,

what I understood:

• You have a mesh generated using gmsh.
  • You saved the mesh in gmsh using the file format version 2.
  • You have a problem to convert the mesh using GMSH2OGS.exe.

Please desclibe the problem in more detail.

• Are there any message in the terminal?
  • Could you provide the version of your GMSH2OGS.exe? You can see the version in the output of bin/GMSH2OGS --help.
  • Could you provide a small test example that shows the error?

Best regards,
Tom

Dear Tom,
Hi
Thanks for reply.

answer of your questions:

1. No there aren’t any message because GMSH2OGS.EXE has stopped working and windows suggests 1. check online for a solution 2. close program 3. debug the program

2. Its version is 6.3.0 but I want to export for OGS5 . I’ve read that for OGS5 I must type “filename.msh.”

3. Unfortunately, I don’t know how to test a .exe file with visual studio.

Best Regrards
Mohamad

Dear Mohamad,

could you provide a (small) test example that shows the error?

Best regards,
Tom

How I can provide a small test ?

Thanks

‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘D:\OGS study\geothermal3\4.Benchmarks\my self\GMSH2OGS.exe’. Module was built without symbols.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\kernel32.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\KernelBase.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\winmm.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\msvcrt.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\user32.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\gdi32.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\lpk.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\usp10.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\msvcp140.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\vcruntime140.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\ucrtbase.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\api-ms-win-core-timezone-l1-1-0.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\api-ms-win-core-file-l2-1-0.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\api-ms-win-core-localization-l1-2-0.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\api-ms-win-core-synch-l1-2-0.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\api-ms-win-core-processthreads-l1-1-1.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\api-ms-win-core-file-l1-2-0.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\api-ms-win-crt-stdio-l1-1-0.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\api-ms-win-crt-convert-l1-1-0.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\api-ms-win-crt-locale-l1-1-0.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\api-ms-win-crt-math-l1-1-0.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\api-ms-win-crt-filesystem-l1-1-0.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\api-ms-win-crt-time-l1-1-0.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\api-ms-win-crt-environment-l1-1-0.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\api-ms-win-crt-utility-l1-1-0.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\vcomp140.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\imm32.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\msctf.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
Exception thrown at 0x000007FEFCB8B87D in GMSH2OGS.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: TCLAP::CmdLineParseException at memory location 0x00000000001DF2A0.
Exception thrown at 0x000007FEFCB8B87D in GMSH2OGS.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: TCLAP::ExitException at memory location 0x00000000001DCC60.
The program ‘[20084] GMSH2OGS.exe’ has exited with code 1 (0x1).

Dear Tomas

Hello

I solved this problem by using GMSH2OGS file which is in OGS 6.2.2 folder.

Best Regards.