Convert gmsh meshes to OGS.msh by GMSH2OGS and its problems in windows. Gmsh file is version(2.2 ASCII) and output is OGS5.msh

Dears
Hi
please help me.

I want to remodel the example 4.1 of Geothermal_OGS3 book and I’m using GMSH2OGS.exe which is located in ogs6.3.0 folder.

I exported my GMSH meshes by version 2 ASCII (which is validated version for GMSH2OGS.exe), when I want to use this converter, I face with error and program be stopped.

Please help me How I can convert my meshes to .msh?

Best Regards

Dear Mohamad,

what I understood:

• You have a mesh generated using gmsh.
  • You saved the mesh in gmsh using the file format version 2.
  • You have a problem to convert the mesh using GMSH2OGS.exe.

Please desclibe the problem in more detail.

• Are there any message in the terminal?
  • Could you provide the version of your GMSH2OGS.exe? You can see the version in the output of bin/GMSH2OGS --help.
  • Could you provide a small test example that shows the error?

Best regards,
Tom

Dear Tom,
Hi
Thanks for reply.

answer of your questions:

1. No there aren’t any message because GMSH2OGS.EXE has stopped working and windows suggests 1. check online for a solution 2. close program 3. debug the program

2. Its version is 6.3.0 but I want to export for OGS5 . I’ve read that for OGS5 I must type “filename.msh.”

3. Unfortunately, I don’t know how to test a .exe file with visual studio.

Best Regrards
Mohamad

Dear Mohamad,

could you provide a (small) test example that shows the error?

Best regards,
Tom

How I can provide a small test ?

Thanks

‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘D:\OGS study\geothermal3\4.Benchmarks\my self\GMSH2OGS.exe’. Module was built without symbols.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\kernel32.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\KernelBase.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\winmm.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\msvcrt.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\user32.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\gdi32.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\lpk.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\usp10.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\msvcp140.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\vcruntime140.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\ucrtbase.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\api-ms-win-core-timezone-l1-1-0.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\api-ms-win-core-file-l2-1-0.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\api-ms-win-core-localization-l1-2-0.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\api-ms-win-core-synch-l1-2-0.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\api-ms-win-core-processthreads-l1-1-1.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\api-ms-win-core-file-l1-2-0.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\api-ms-win-crt-stdio-l1-1-0.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\api-ms-win-crt-convert-l1-1-0.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\api-ms-win-crt-locale-l1-1-0.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\api-ms-win-crt-math-l1-1-0.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\api-ms-win-crt-filesystem-l1-1-0.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\api-ms-win-crt-time-l1-1-0.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\api-ms-win-crt-environment-l1-1-0.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\api-ms-win-crt-utility-l1-1-0.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\vcomp140.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\imm32.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘GMSH2OGS.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\msctf.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
Exception thrown at 0x000007FEFCB8B87D in GMSH2OGS.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: TCLAP::CmdLineParseException at memory location 0x00000000001DF2A0.
Exception thrown at 0x000007FEFCB8B87D in GMSH2OGS.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: TCLAP::ExitException at memory location 0x00000000001DCC60.
The program ‘[20084] GMSH2OGS.exe’ has exited with code 1 (0x1).

Dear Tomas

Hello

I solved this problem by using GMSH2OGS file which is in OGS 6.2.2 folder.

Best Regards.