Error linking ogs and testrunner with python (openpty and forkpty)

Hi, I am trying to compile the latest source code on an ubuntu system with python 3.8.5. At the final linking step of ogs and testrunner I get the error that there are undefined references to openpty and forkpty. I have the same problem with python 3.8.3. The cmake argument is only -DOGS_USE_PYTHON=“ON” -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=“Debug” . Do I have to give a specific argument in cmake ?

openpty and forkpty are not dependencies of OGS so I do not know why your build requires these. You may want to send us the full CMake output from a clean (empty build directory) CMake-run.

I can not upload files so you may download the output for cmake …/ogs -DOGS_USE_PYTHON=ON > out1 and for make -j 16 > out2 commands from

The error figure presents the errors that I get and the ogs binary is not created in the bin directory.

Thank you.

Your configure script says that the following required package has not been found:

• PythonLibsNew (required version >= 3.8.5)
    So I guess your either mixing up python versions or your python installation might not be complete.
    Why are you not using the standard system python libraries?

I think there is something mixed up with your Python installation, I also advice to use the system python and not install a custom Python.

I used a new Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS system with its 3.8.2 python. The cmake -DOGS_USE_PYTHON=ON …/ogs command returns that the following required package has not been found:

• PythonLibsNew (required version >= 3.8.2)

But the ogs executable has been succesfully created and tested.
Thank you bilke for your advice.