How to look for the point or cell data?

Hello Everyone,

I need an urgent help. I am learning OGS from scratch and going through different Benchmarks. I want to know the result in any point or space (eg. concentration change at any point) but I couldn’t find any option. What I found is timestepping depended result.
So, how can I learn the result in any specific location in the mesh. Please help me out who knows the process.
Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Md Mahmudul Hassan

Dear Hassan,

Open your output files in Paraview and click on Interactive select points on the option

Then go to FiltersAlphabets → Search for Point selection over time and click Apply.

Now, you can see your concentration changes with time at that particular point.

The same applies to the cell data, another option given beside the point selection in the above image.

I hope this Helps.

Thanks
Pavan.

1 Like

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your help. Sir, is it possible to see with 1d vtu file?

For example, 1d contracer benchmark there is 11 output vtu file. Then how can I make a graph where I can demonstrate the flux vs space data?

I don’t know if it is a silly question.

Sincerely,
Md Mahmudul Hassan

You can use the same command for 1D as well for temporal variation at a particular point. Besides you can also use Plot Data Over Line to observe spatial variation of concentration along the length of the domain.

1 Like

I really appreciate your help sir. It really helped me to get the solution. May you recommend some resources to learn Paraview effectively?

Sincerely,
Md Mahmudul Hassan

Dear Hassan,

I am not familiar with any specific material for learning ParaView. But you can find numerous resources on YouTube. Besides, we only need a few basic commands for plotting concentration changes in 1D/2D. Thus, knowing how to use the commands mentioned above is sufficient.

However, you can also use Python tools for visualization. Have a look at these examples given on the OGS website.

https://ogstools.opengeosys.org/stable/index.html

Thanks
Pavan.

1 Like

Dear Sir,

Thanks a lot and have a nice day.

Sincerely,
Md Mahmudul Hassan