- RELEASE NOTES FOR OGS 5.2.07 BY LARS BILKE, THOMAS FISCHER AND KARSTEN RINK (15.12.11)
- DATA EXPLORER:
- USING THE NEW SETUP SCRIPTS ON WINDOWS
version 5.2.07 is released. See the following release notes. If you are developing on Windows and want to compile the Data Explorer follow the steps described in Using the new setup scripts on Windows. For a complete changelog see the svn commit on the wiki.
Release notes for OGS 5.2.07 by Lars Bilke, Thomas Fischer and Karsten Rink (15.12.11)
- new setup scripts for libraries needed for the Data Explorer added (see below for instructions)
- compiler is now ignoring warning C4267 (int to size_t conversion), thus removing 600 warnings under win64
- added a file converter (terminal application) from GMSH mesh file into OGS mesh format (use cmake switch OGS_BUILD_UTILITIES)
- fixed bugs
- removed unused attributes from classes
- removed all code enclosed in
- enabled benchmarks from JOD (former YW)
- moved enums ProcessType and PrimaryVariable into namespace FiniteElement
operator==for polylines and polygons
- added two new constructors to class CElem (you can directly create a triangle or quad element now) that initializes all important attributes
- time steps in vtk output filenames have leading zeros now
names for geo-objects can now be changed from gui
added image/raster translation
added volume-support to geometry-xml-format
added functionality to create FEMConditions in GUI
redesigned xml cond-fileformat and started adapting sources for a different process-oriented model for data handling in GUI
process specifiers can now be added/removed in GUI
raster to mesh conversion can now be parameterised via a special dialog
split up xmlinterface into a class hierarchy; changed fem condition management toward an process oriented approach
xml cond files can be exported now
added about dialog with version number and commit informations when
geo-objects can now be highlighted in render window
radius for glyph- and tube-filter is now calculated based on size of dataset
added tetgen interface to gui
VtkVisPipelineItem subclassed to VtkVisImageItem and VtkVisPointSetItem
Beside these changes we converged OGS–5 a little bit to development concepts which will be used for OGS–6 development:
Internally at the UFZ we are testing a Git based workflow which will lead to a better and easier developer collaboration (for details see this presentation)
Scripts (i.e. for setting up libraries needed for the Data Explorer and building configurations) now rely on a bash environment (on Windows the Git Bash is used). This leads to more robust and easier maintainable cross platform scripts which get you started in OGS development.
Using the new setup scripts on Windows
First you need a bash command line. Follow these steps. You can skip Set Up SSH Keys if you do not want to use Git itself.
Then you need the wget-tool. Please follow step 4
Please delete the directories Libs/libgeotiff and Libs/shapelib if they are present.
Then you are ready to run the new setup script step Optional, i.e. for an 64-bit setup:
./setup.sh -a x64
- Create / change environment variables for Qt as described here as the described in the Optional step.
Note on Qt: If you already compiled Qt on your pc for 32-bit architecture and you want to run the script for an 64-bit setup like above then first you have to remove the 32-bit Qt from the PATH environment variable.