Table for state equations

Hello, I’m starting to use OGS5 and I’m testing some benchmarks \FLUID_PROPERTIES\HT_EOS-B, which works with several substances.

My question is: Is there a summary-table of the state equations used by opengeosys for the density and viscosity?

Saludos Cordiales

Norberto C. Vera Guzmán

Instituto de Geofísica, UNAM

Dear Norberto C. Vera Guzmán,
Please explain little more, what do you mean by “Is there a summary-table of the state equations used by opengeosys for the density and viscosity?”

Are you looking, fluid’s density and viscosity related algorithms and their associated information in OGS5? Any specific fluid?

Are you looking for Equation of State only, e.g., Peng-Robinso, HEOS etc?

Are you looking fluid flow governing equation and their simplified form?

Regards,

Mohammad

···

On Thursday, 27 September 2018 16:19:38 UTC-4, Norberto Vera wrote:

Hello, I’m starting to use OGS5 and I’m testing some benchmarks \FLUID_PROPERTIES\HT_EOS-B, which works with several substances.

My question is: Is there a summary-table of the state equations used by opengeosys for the density and viscosity?

Saludos Cordiales

Norberto C. Vera Guzmán

Thank you for answering my question Mohammad

The benchmark that I mention has a directory of substances, … \ FLUID_PROPERTIES \ HT_EOS-B \ Substances

containing files (* .mfp) for several substances (CH4, CO2, H2O and N2). Within the files (* .mfp) some parameters are defined, specifically within the H2O-HE.mfp, H2O-PR.mfp y H2O-RK.mfp files we have:

$ DENSITY

$ VISCOSITY

$ DENSITY

$ VISCOSITY

$DENSITY

$VISCOSITY

my question is:

Is there a summary-table that tells me what equation state I’m using to calculate density or viscosity when I use option (13,9), (12,9) or (11,9) in the (*.mfp) files?

Thanks for your help

···

Norberto C. Vera Guzmán

1 Like

Hi,
You will get all of your *.mfp file related answers in the following file

rf_mfp_new.cpp

As for example:

if ((density_model == 10) // NB 4.8.01 read density from a rho-P-T table

>> (density_model == 11) // NB 4.9.05  Peng-Robinson Equation of State

>> (density_model == 12) // NB 4.9.05  Redlich-Kwong Equation of State

>> (density_model == 13)) // NB JUN 09  Fundamental equation

In addition, please check the following reference

[1] O. Kolditz, U.-J. Gorke, H. Shao, W. Wang, Thermo-Hydro-Mechanical-Chemical Processes in Fractured Porous Media: Benchmarks and Examples, Springer, Heidelberg, 2012. Page:32-42

To play with equation of state, you may also try NIST (https://www.nist.gov/), Coolprop (http://www.coolprop.org/) or REFPROP (REFPROP). Even though in the above mentioned reference, for viscosity PR and RK were used, but some points I am not convinced with my hand calculation. For safe side, I would prefer to use HEOS/Fundamental one. If you really inetrested to dig its bottom, I will recommend you to read first some basic papers and text books.

Good Luck.

Cheers

Mohammad

···

On Thursday, 4 October 2018 10:39:40 UTC-4, Norberto Vera wrote:

Thank you for answering my question Mohammad

The benchmark that I mention has a directory of substances, … \ FLUID_PROPERTIES \ HT_EOS-B \ Substances

containing files (* .mfp) for several substances (CH4, CO2, H2O and N2). Within the files (* .mfp) some parameters are defined, specifically within the H2O-HE.mfp, H2O-PR.mfp y H2O-RK.mfp files we have:

$ DENSITY

$ VISCOSITY

$ DENSITY

$ VISCOSITY

$DENSITY

$VISCOSITY

my question is:

Is there a summary-table that tells me what equation state I’m using to calculate density or viscosity when I use option (13,9), (12,9) or (11,9) in the (*.mfp) files?

Thanks for your help

Norberto C. Vera Guzmán

El mié., 3 oct. 2018 a las 12:54, Mohammad Islam (nisl...@gmail.com) escribió:

Dear Norberto C. Vera Guzmán,
Please explain little more, what do you mean by “Is there a summary-table of the state equations used by opengeosys for the density and viscosity?”

Are you looking, fluid’s density and viscosity related algorithms and their associated information in OGS5? Any specific fluid?

Are you looking for Equation of State only, e.g., Peng-Robinso, HEOS etc?

Are you looking fluid flow governing equation and their simplified form?

Regards,

Mohammad

On Thursday, 27 September 2018 16:19:38 UTC-4, Norberto Vera wrote:

Saludos Cordiales

Norberto C. Vera Guzmán

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ogs-users” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ogs-users+...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

1 Like

You are very kind Mohammad.

Thanks for your help and your time.

···

Best regards

Norberto C. Vera Guzmán