v5.2.09 released

All,

New version is merged. See the release notes https://svn.ufz.de/ogs/wiki/ReleaseNotes?version=236.

Warning: Some benchmarks will fail! Mostly, this is because the capillary pressure derivatives are now all analytical, and the functions modified a bit. Also, this is because the non-linear convergence and coupling convergence is now different. Thus, the final numbers will be different. If anything is failing for another reason, I will work to resolve this.

One important thing for developers: Node values are now copied to the previous time BEFORE a process simulation, rather than after the coupling loop. This means fewer non-linear and coupling iterations when a RHS term comes from a different process. This also means that you may use the previous and current values of a primary variable from a different process up until that process is run again.

Also, the code is ALMOST ready to handle processes with independent time stepping. Therefore, please take care in your use of the global “dt” value, we should move away from this to the process based time step. Until the global “dt” is cleared out of the RHS and some other places, the independent time stepping will not work.

I have done my best to not require input file changes… however, I recommend them.

1. Please take a look at $NON_LINEAR_ITERATIONS rather than the old $NON_LINEAR_SOLVER. The new one will give you much better flexibility.

2. Also I recommend entering all values into $CAPILLARY_PRESSURE as a habit. Otherwise is is easy to accidentally allow capillary pressure values to come from the liquid phase relative permeability values when they should not.

3. Unfortunately, process couplings require the new keywords. I couldn’t help this, the system is now different. Please see the release notes for an example of how to use the new keywords.

Cheers,

Josh

Dear OGS users / developers, hi Josh,

since Joshs version there are many benchmark file comparisons failing:

https://svn.ufz.de/hudson/job/Benchmarks_Linux/463/artifact/benchmarks/results/

The release author is in charge to get the benchmarks fixed. If there are only small differences between the reference file and the benchmark output then the release author can commit the updated reference file. Otherwise the release author should contact the benchmark author to verify the output.

Please keep this procedure in mind to get the benchmarks “green” contemporary.

Regards,

Lars.

···

All,

New version is merged. See the release notes https://svn.ufz.de/ogs/wiki/ReleaseNotes?version=236.

Warning: Some benchmarks will fail! Mostly, this is because the capillary pressure derivatives are now all analytical, and the functions modified a bit. Also, this is because the non-linear convergence and coupling convergence is now different. Thus, the final numbers will be different. If anything is failing for another reason, I will work to resolve this.

One important thing for developers: Node values are now copied to the previous time BEFORE a process simulation, rather than after the coupling loop. This means fewer non-linear and coupling iterations when a RHS term comes from a different process. This also means that you may use the previous and current values of a primary variable from a different process up until that process is run again.

Also, the code is ALMOST ready to handle processes with independent time stepping. Therefore, please take care in your use of the global “dt” value, we should move away from this to the process based time step. Until the global “dt” is cleared out of the RHS and some other places, the independent time stepping will not work.

I have done my best to not require input file changes… however, I recommend them.

1. Please take a look at $NON_LINEAR_ITERATIONS rather than the old $NON_LINEAR_SOLVER. The new one will give you much better flexibility.
  1. Also I recommend entering all values into $CAPILLARY_PRESSURE as a habit. Otherwise is is easy to accidentally allow capillary pressure values to come from the liquid phase relative permeability values when they should not.
  1. Unfortunately, process couplings require the new keywords. I couldn’t help this, the system is now different. Please see the release notes for an example of how to use the new keywords.

Cheers,

Josh

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Lars Bilke

Visualisierungszentrum / Umweltinformatik

Helmholtz-Zentrum für Umweltforschung GmbH - UFZ

Permoserstr. 15, 04318 Leipzig

Telefon: +49 (0)341 235-1881

Email: lars.bilke@ufz.de

http://www.ufz.de/index.php?en=14171

Dr. Joshua Taron / Staff Scientist
Department of Environmental Informatics