HnM Test case

Hi All,

I am trying to run HnM test condition. I read following book, and problem illustrated in Page 283 and 284 are close to Benchmark Problem> HM>hm_unsat.* & H2M>fivespot.* . Unfortunately for HM case (hm_unsat.*) there is an error message “no boundary condition assigned for RICHARDS_FLOW”. It will be appreciable if any one brief me the source of the error and how it can be resolved. I attached Quad file.

On the other hand, for H2M case (L-Trip), multiphase results are satisfactory comparing other references, but Mechanical part results are not good like Ref1 (Page 126, Fig 2), Ref2 (Page172, Fig d). It seems that displacement in vertical direction is not changing with time. Moreover, sign convention switched from -ve to + positive .Any idea what is wrong here?

Reference for HM

Kolditz, O., Gorke, U.-J.,Shao, H., and Wang, W. (2010) “Thermo-Hydro-Mechanical- Chemical Processes in Fractured Porous Media Benchmarks and Examples” Lecture Notes in Computational Science and Engineering, Springer, Chapter 13, Page281-284.

References for HnM

Ref 1. Gawin, D. and Schrefler, B.A. (1996) “Thermo-hydro-mechanical analysis of partially saturated porous materials”, Engineering Computations, Vol. 13 (7), 113-143.

Ref 2. Lewis, R.W. and Schrefler, B.A. (1998) “The Finite Element Method in the Static and Dynamic Deformation and Consolidation of Porous Media” Second Edition, John Wiler Sons, Page 167-174.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Mohammad

Quad.bc (634 Bytes)

Quad.gli (980 Bytes)

Quad.ic (257 Bytes)

Quad.mfp (402 Bytes)

Quad.msh (2.32 KB)

Quad.num (684 Bytes)

Quad.out (879 Bytes)

Quad.pcs (172 Bytes)

Quad.rfd (849 Bytes)

Quad.st (95 Bytes)

Quad.tim (198 Bytes)

L-Tri.bc (1.98 KB)

L-Tri.gli (756 Bytes)

L-Tri.ic (429 Bytes)

L-Tri.mfp (599 Bytes)

L-Tri.mmp (877 Bytes)

L-Tri.msh (2.81 KB)

L-Tri.num (993 Bytes)

L-Tri.out (2.98 KB)

L-Tri.pcs (338 Bytes)

L-Tri.rfd (1.18 KB)

L-Tri.st (552 Bytes)

L-Tri.tim (1011 Bytes)

L-Tri_domain_DEFORMATION_tri.tec (120 KB)

L-Tri_domain_tri.tec (131 KB)

L-Tri_ply_left_t2.tec (45.2 KB)

L-Tri_ply_left_t3_DEFORMATION.tec (41.6 KB)

L-Tri_time_POINT0.tec (38.3 KB)

L-Tri_time_POINT0_DEFORMATION.tec (35.3 KB)

L-Tri-05.xlsx (87.9 KB)

First section solved !

···

On Monday, 5 June 2017 16:55:38 UTC-4, Mohammad Islam wrote:

Hi All,

I am trying to run HnM test condition. I read following book, and problem illustrated in Page 283 and 284 are close to Benchmark Problem> HM>hm_unsat.* & H2M>fivespot.* . Unfortunately for HM case (hm_unsat.*) there is an error message “no boundary condition assigned for RICHARDS_FLOW”. It will be appreciable if any one brief me the source of the error and how it can be resolved. I attached Quad file.

On the other hand, for H2M case (L-Trip), multiphase results are satisfactory comparing other references, but Mechanical part results are not good like Ref1 (Page 126, Fig 2), Ref2 (Page172, Fig d). It seems that displacement in vertical direction is not changing with time. Moreover, sign convention switched from -ve to + positive .Any idea what is wrong here?

Reference for HM

Kolditz, O., Gorke, U.-J.,Shao, H., and Wang, W. (2010) “Thermo-Hydro-Mechanical- Chemical Processes in Fractured Porous Media Benchmarks and Examples” Lecture Notes in Computational Science and Engineering, Springer, Chapter 13, Page281-284.

References for HnM

Ref 1. Gawin, D. and Schrefler, B.A. (1996) “Thermo-hydro-mechanical analysis of partially saturated porous materials”, Engineering Computations, Vol. 13 (7), 113-143.

Ref 2. Lewis, R.W. and Schrefler, B.A. (1998) “The Finite Element Method in the Static and Dynamic Deformation and Consolidation of Porous Media” Second Edition, John Wiler Sons, Page 167-174.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Mohammad